latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Jacks on Riverside XL 155 2015.
No permission to create posts
March 29, 2017
10:43 am
Susann
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am getting ready for my first RV trip….in my 2015 Riverside xl155 Whitewater. Took it out to a state park and the jack is riding only 4 inches from road. Is this normal? Scraped the speed bumps at State Parks. any suggestions?

March 29, 2017
11:22 am
Roccosamore
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 119

Sounds like your Retro does not have the “lift kit” installed on it. Go to the “modification” category and look at the pictures. It basically raises the Retro up a few inches. Sounds like just what you need.

March 30, 2017
7:48 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178

Yes, you need a lift. You can order a 3″ lift from the factory or have a custom one put on. I went the custom route so I could get more then 3″ of lift. 

April 5, 2017
5:56 pm
Susann
Members

Thanks so much….have an appt. for April 20; need measurements from bolt to bolt, need to know how many leafs, what kinds?

Should I take the Riverside in before my apt?

April 5, 2017
8:04 pm
Roccosamore
Members

Moderators

Yes, I would suggest taking your Retro to the service center and let them look at it. Retro’s don’t have leaf springs( I am assuming they are all the same). Again, Kristopher posted some photos of his lift in the modification section. Basically the lift consists of some square metal stock, and bolts or is welded into place to achieve the “lift”. Avoid confusion now by taking it in. They will have to order the factory kit or fabricate their own. Hope this helps.

April 5, 2017
8:15 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178

Roccosamore is correct our trailers do not use leaf spring axles. Leaf spring axles are very common on trailers thats why they are asking about them. Best thing is to bring it in and let them take a look at it. 

April 15, 2017
12:41 pm
Susann
Members

Thanks Roccosamore and Christopher. You are my best new friends Riverside style….I ordered a kit from a dealer and am having it put on this Thursday. Does anybody know if the function of the steel bars on bottom center? My trailer guy said it does not look like it is structural.

I noticed the mirror extensions on the F150 in Christopher’s photos. Does anyone know where to get them? Toyota told me they would have to replace mine at a ridiculous price. Will ask the trailer parts and service people if they do mirrors. Any suggestions for affordable mirrors?

April 16, 2017
6:41 pm
Roccosamore
Members

Moderators

Mirrors: Google will be your best friend in finding parts. Just put in your year and make of truck with “extension mirrors”. Depending, it may be best to replace them rather than add extensions. It may be better for safety, as extensions sometimes tend to vibrate.

As for your steel bars, not sure what you mean, and I can’t look at mine now as I am out of town and my Retro is not with me. Maybe someone else can help…

May 25, 2018
12:11 am
ardnity
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I unbolted and removed the jack, bought three bolts that were an inch longer than the original mounting bolts, then added one inch shims underneath the jack flange between the trailer frame and jack. this effectively raised the jack post an inch higher and gave me the clearance I needed to get the trailer into my driveway. Worked great! Also did the 3 inch factory lift kit and swapped the 13 inch wheels for 15 inch wheels with radials. Still tows like a dream even in high winds. 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 61

Currently Online:
24 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 54

Perrypridgen: 18

thatchick1120: 18

DAVID555: 18

markstevens: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 670

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 255

Newest Members:

ifuzzydog321, capt bligh, Leehman, FRANCES, joanne, MadCnty, dowen12202, mbterry, dusty, buttermilk47

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 178