latest member photos

Welcome To The Brand NEW Riverside RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
lift kit for pre-2015 Riverside RV White Water Retro 177SE
No permission to create posts
August 24, 2016
6:44 pm
Captn Sharpie
Members
Forum Posts: 15
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Last week when we were researching campers I came across a blog that contained a discussion of the 177 being too low to the ground.  Some people had suffered broken plumbing from hitting low curbs or high spots in the ground.  I understood that the factory had acknowledged the design flaw and was providing a “lift kit” free of charge that would be installed by local dealers at hourly shop charge.  My local dealer stated the cost of the kit was $90.00 plus shipping, and probably close to $175 shop costs.  Have any of you gone through this modification? 

August 25, 2016
8:57 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 157

I know this question comes up a lot.  As far as I know at 2015 White Water Retro models and up came with the factory lift kit to make sure the tires to don’t rub when the trailer is weighted down. $175 sounds about right to install it they actually have to drop the axle to put the lift on. These axles are not hard to drop but it does take some time to get everything setup. I wouldn’t hesitate at paying $175 for them to put the lift on.  I would skip your dealership on ordering the part if they are going to charge you and call Riverside RV directory and ask about the free lift kit. With that said I had heard the lift kit cost $125.00 so if you can’t get it for free $90 seems like a good deal as well. 

August 30, 2016
8:50 pm
Captn Sharpie
Members

Went to Braun’s in Indy, our local Whitewater Retro dealer.  They put a lift kit on a Retro 155 just last week.  I spoke with the RV technician involved.  He said it was not technically difficult, involved no specialized tools or welding, and that a committed DIYer could do it himself.  Ordered a kit for $94.  I will try to install it myself, recording the project with photos as I go.  If all goes well, I will post it here.

September 25, 2016
4:50 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

Captn Sharpie said
Went to Braun’s in Indy, our local Whitewater Retro dealer.  They put a lift kit on a Retro 155 just last week.  I spoke with the RV technician involved.  He said it was not technically difficult, involved no specialized tools or welding, and that a committed DIYer could do it himself.  Ordered a kit for $94.  I will try to install it myself, recording the project with photos as I go.  If all goes well, I will post it here.  

Did you get the lift kit installed for you White Water Retro?

October 18, 2016
9:16 pm
Captn Sharpie
Members
October 18, 2016
9:17 pm
Captn Sharpie
Members
It took a couple of weeks but the factory finally shipped my lift kit to my local dealer.  I think it was $94 plus sales tax as both I and the factory are in Indiana.  Doubt if I’ll have time to install before our next camping trip on Friday.  Here is a photo of what the factory kit consists of: two 3″ sections of channel stock with pieces of flat stock welded at ends, 4 grade 8 nuts, 4 bolts and 8 washers.

October 21, 2016
7:32 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

Captn Sharpie said

It took a couple of weeks but the factory finally shipped my lift kit to my local dealer.  I think it was $94 plus sales tax as both I and the factory are in Indiana.  Doubt if I’ll have time to install before our next camping trip on Friday.  Here is a photo of what the factory kit consists of: two 3″ sections of channel stock with pieces of flat stock welded at ends, 4 grade 8 nuts, 4 bolts and 8 washers.

Thank you for the update. I can’t wait to hear back once its on. Even though my Riverside Retro is 2016 I still feel like it should be higher then it is. I’m thinking about getting a lift on it as well. Having a extra 3 inchs of ground clearance would be nice. 

November 9, 2017
8:40 am
rebekah
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Hi – I’ve been reading about lift kits – some suggest going to a welder and I notice you received one from Riverside Retro. Is there anyway you can put two on it? make it a little higher? If not, did you find that the 3″ is enough? 

I haven’t had my trailer that long but it’s been very frustrating with it constantly bottoming out. I’ve changed cars, put a sway bar, and replaced the sewer cap a few times. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! 

Thank you!

November 9, 2017
7:31 pm
Roccosamore
Members
Forum Posts: 95

Look in this category, second thread from the bottom and Kristopher posted some nice photos of his custom lift. Really well done. May help you decide what you need. I have the factory lift and serves us well with no issues. So, just something you will have to choose. Good luck…

November 9, 2017
8:35 pm
rebekah
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Thank you! 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Roccosamore: 95

A.J.: 54

Alabama Jim: 31

DAVID555: 18

markstevens: 18

thatchick1120: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

RubySue: 13

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 396

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 174

Newest Members:

fhmaddux, bryanharvey, Lockhartart, thombre55, 14, jjy23, efranzen, dogsr4love, timetravel, lhc3840

Administrators: Kristopher: 157