latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
199 Slide malfunction
No permission to create posts
May 31, 2017
6:21 am
Billy
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My SO and I spent a great maiden voyage in my 199FKS over the Memorial Day weekend. All facets of the trip, sans the actual campsite, were awesome. The trailer performed exactly as expected. 

Upon my return home, I went into the trailer to clear out food, sweep, etc. When I tried to open the slide out, I discovered it had converted to a “stay in”. Pressing the operating switch either way resulted in zero activity. 

I did some research and found that the mechanism is called a Scwhintek system. Further research revealed that the Schwintek system has its own control panel and that the panel displays error codes.

After an extensive search for the control panel, I found it affiixed to the underside of the shelf below the sink. When I checked for a code I saw none because the power lead had vibrated or had been bumped off. Reattaching it was easy and afforded me the pleasure of calling the dealer and cancelling my appointment for service. 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 54

thatchick1120: 18

Perrypridgen: 18

DAVID555: 18

markstevens: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 643

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 252

Newest Members:

nshep82, BILLSTJOHN, Leahbrob, clestes1, T.Estes, esullivan1953, justus2, Janineretro195, Ritags, BenGlen-NH

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 178