latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Riverside RV White Water Retro 177se cover
No permission to create posts
October 2, 2016
2:12 pm
Roccosamore
Members
Forum Posts: 95
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Any 177 owners purchased a cover for winter? We are in Oregon, so rain is the issue. I really don’t want to go the

“blue tarp” route. Any suggestions??

October 5, 2016
7:53 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 165
October 20, 2016
10:38 pm
amber_bowers
Members
Forum Posts: 17

I have heard 50/50 with people and covers. I like looking at my RED retro in my drive way…

February 25, 2017
7:31 am
PSmith1970
Members
Forum Posts: 7

We have had a Calmark Cover on our 177 for 2 years now and love it. It wasn’t cheap (somewhere south of $700 if I remember right), but a bargain compared to watching the sun destroy the finish of the trailer or replace a roof. It was 100% custom. The website provides templates for taking measurements and ordering. I was very nervous about this part as numbers are not my strong suit, but the sales staff helped out and the final product fits like a glove.

20170225_063522-1.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
February 25, 2017
9:57 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 165

This is great information! $700 doesn’t sound bad for custom cover. Sounds like you have had great experience with them I think I might go this route as well. I like how the cover even has a flap for wheels thats a nice touch.  Here is the link to their website if anyone else is interested http://www.calmarkcovers.com/ .

How hard is it to get on and of the Travel Trailer?

February 26, 2017
7:07 am
PSmith1970
Members
Forum Posts: 7

It’s not as bad to install as it might seem. It weighs probably 20-25 pounds and is alittle bulky when wadded up. I’ve found though that if I get it up on the roof from a step ladder, and then get on the roof myself, I can spread it out and pull it the rest of the way down from the ground. I hate walking on the roof, but I don’t do it often and stay close to the edges.

April 22, 2017
8:56 am
markthrelkeld
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Anyone else have an opinion on getting on top of your trailer?  I’m very hesitant to do that, but am planning on buying a cover and anticipate having a hard time getting it on otherwise.  What to do?

April 22, 2017
10:06 am
Roccosamore
Members
Forum Posts: 95

I had a mobile rv repair guy come and put some super secret roof goop on my 177se. He was about 180-200 lbs and got up on top. He didn’t stand but crawled around and all was good. I myself wouldn’t do it as I’m a pretty big guy. So, depending on your size and mobility you should be OK. Good luck.

June 10, 2017
8:12 am
dre01106
Members
Forum Posts: 2

I recently called Riverside RV and asked the specific question “can you walk on the roof” on two different occasions and got two completely different answers. The first answer I got from a very friendly customer rep was that they would not recommend it. She said in a very carefully worded response that they recommend that YOU DO NOT WALK ON ROOF – that you do work that has to be done from ladders on the side. I told them that I was cleaning the roof.  I could tell it was a legal/liability worded kind of response.  Then I had to call back about something else and a different person answered my phone call. I asked him the exact question and he said it should be OK, that he sees guys on the roof all the time working on it. The “miracle of miracles” here is that I actually got through to a person when I called Riverside RV.  I had given up on ever speaking with anyone there for over a year after continued attempts to contact them. Progress!  I have owned a 177SE Aqua Retro camper since 2015.  Hope this helps you out.  Good luck with your roof!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
14 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Roccosamore: 95

A.J.: 54

Alabama Jim: 31

markstevens: 18

thatchick1120: 18

DAVID555: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

RubySue: 13

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 414

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 182

Newest Members:

KellyE, rvposey, RonaldDixon, MowersL, rowland, kimk, Rvtraveler, time2travel, SevnZed, cosmicpig

Administrators: Kristopher: 165