November 13, 2017
Hello To Everyone from Colorado,
My wife and I are just about to order our new 177SE trailer, now that we have a tow vehicle for it. We got a Honda Pilot rated for 5,000 pound towing, and will also be purchasing the weight distribution hitch with sway control. My 3 newbie questions are these:
1) Are there not manuals for these trailers? I expected to find links to them on the manufacturer’s website, but all that is available are some specific docs relating to slide out operation and troubleshooting. Seems like something like this should have a manual?
2) Wondering if the 177SE comes with a screen door, or is it an optional add-on? Did not seem to see it on the models we toured through at the dealer but have seen mention of a screen door in the equipment list for the 177SE.
Is there a provision on the 177SE to mount the spare tire on the back of the trailer? Not only would save some of the storage space under the bed, but adds to that retro look and allows for a custom wheelcover to personalize the camper a little bit.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Mike and Claudia,
September 24, 2016
We own a 2015 177se. Purchased it used as it was used 2 days before the previous owners decided it wasn’t big enough for them and upgraded to a larger unit. For us, after 3 seasons of use is the perfect fit. To answer your questions:
1) We received a large manila envelope that contained paperwork for all the appliances, (ie: water heater, furnace, microwave, ect…) but, nothing on the Retro itself. Odd for sure. Maybe someone else has a different experience.
2) Our 177se came with a factory screen door. I would think it would be a standard item since all windows and vents are screened. If an option, one I would order for sure!!
3) Ours came with a bumper mounted spare. Option for sure, but I’m sure you could install an aftermarket one yourself cheaper than ordering one from the factory.
IMHO do yourself a favor and buy a good WD hitch w/ sway bar… You will be happy you did. Also, be sure your hitch is setup with a 2 15/16 ball. So many new Retro owners have left the dealer with the wrong ball.
We have towed about 13,000 miles now in 3 years and are always planning our next trip while on our way home!!
Most Users Ever Online: 177
Currently Browsing this Page:
Alabama Jim: 54
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:owen, Michaelene, dwight13, Piper Senger, wvkpick, RealityParadox, mrseo12, LewisCLee, Odell01, DeeTx442
Moderators: Roccosamore: 119
Administrators: Kristopher: 190