Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
New Retro 155 Owner with Questions
No permission to create posts
May 11, 2019
9:29 am
RamblinRose
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi All, my wife and I are new here and have a couple zillion questions.

First: My tow vehicle is a 2019 Nissan Frontier 4 cylinder w/manual transmission. Rated max towing is 3,500. Is my vehicle going to be adequate for the task?

Second: I am seeing a lot of people talking about lift kits? Is it safe to even take it on its maiden voyage without a lift kit installed? We have no plans to take it off road or anything like that. Would it help any if I just put 14″ rims/tires on it? and if so, what size tires do I want?

Third: Do they have any known issues like leaking, etc?

Fourth: Will I need an anti-sway bar setup? I have owned a travel trailer in the past without using one and I never exceed 55 mph when towing.

Guess that is enough for starters. Thanks in advance for any pointers  🙂 Can’t wait to take it on its first outing!

May 17, 2019
4:57 am
slippers1
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When I first bought my little whitewater I thought it looked awfully low to the ground. I asked the dealer if I could get larger tires and they said no. Larger tires would hit the well of the camper. I don’t ha e the money to put a lift kit in mine. I will just drive it carefully.

we bought a sway kit from amazon. It was less than $100. We haven’t used it yet. The only problem with it will be the backing up part. It must detached  to back & turn. I didn’t want anything heavier to add more siege than. I bought this camper bc of its weigh & ease of pulling. I am a female and this camper is so much easier than the large ones.

this is just my insight & a little experience.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 61

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 73

Alabama Jim: 54

DAVID555: 18

Perrypridgen: 18

markstevens: 18

thatchick1120: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 785

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 279

Newest Members:

VEGASDAVE, Swoodward20, Orrin, dhuffstetler, Scooterd, JasonP, potska, RamblinRose, Dan C., slippers1

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 186