latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I just purchased a 2014 White Water Retro 177 here in Iowa
No permission to create posts
June 26, 2018
9:46 am
sologal70
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I pick it up Friday, and get registration, tags, insurance and my towing ball setup so I can take it to its new home base.   I sold my property of 30 years (47 wooded acres with a log home) and downsized considerably.  Having a large wooded property sounds like paradise, but it is lot of work and it ties you down.  I am now free to move about and explore elsewhere! 

I had purchased a new to me 2008 Dodge Ram Diesel 3500 last fall in anticipation of getting a truck camper so that I can explore and camp anywhere.  I also wanted a nice pull behind camper, so that my male companion and I could travel together comfortably.   This truck is a great platform for any type of camper I want to use for the rest of my life.  So while perusing FaceBook market place, I ran across this 2014 White Water Retro 177 and had to take a look.  It is exactly what I am looking for in a pull behind camper!   

I have been reading your forums and may be doing the lift kit and increasing the size of the rims/tires as some have done, so that I don’t bottom out.  That was one of my concerns as I looked it over.  My friend has a T@B she pulls with a Subaru Outback and she has that issue at times (I think she is overloaded).   I am going to be looking at a generator too, to bolt into my pickup bed.  Otherwise, it is move in ready!   

I live in Iowa, and my girlfriend has a large cattle farm, so I’m going to “camp” at her place for a shakedown to check out everything. Between me, her and her husband, we should be able to fix anything that may crop up.   Then perhaps a road trip to North Carolina to visit my sister, who happens to be an electrician.  We will consider putting on some solar panels.  🙂  It’s good to know DIY people! 

Thanks so much to the Forum creator!  I understand the hours of thankless work put into website management.  I was a Systems Analyst for 30 years and now do genealogy as a hobby, work on folks computers for gas money and keep up a website for the East Iowa Ski Club.   Computers are fun, but so is the outdoors! 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 54

thatchick1120: 18

Perrypridgen: 18

DAVID555: 18

markstevens: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 643

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 252

Newest Members:

nshep82, BILLSTJOHN, Leahbrob, clestes1, T.Estes, esullivan1953, justus2, Janineretro195, Ritags, BenGlen-NH

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 178