latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Riverside RV 2015 177 from NM
No permission to create posts
November 8, 2016
12:52 pm
kitphantom
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We bought our 177 in Oct 2014, when my back and other issues made camping in our popup no longer as much fun, especially if I went solo. We use it for camping, most often dry camping, as well as traveling and visiting. We just returned from the 8th trip this year, one left to go over Thanksgiving, with over 60 nights in it. We’ve been to South Rim/Grand Canyon NP twice this year (dry camping in Mather CG in March, FHU in Trailer village last week), North Rim/GCNP (dry camping in the park), a week each dry camping in the mountains of Colorado and Arches NP/SE Utah. I also drove solo to Ohio from NM (& back) and camped for 10 days in the yard at my MIL’s. (My husband flew in for the week, the trailer gives us our own space and a bed tailored to us.)

Our 177 has a factory-added lift, which is about 2-1/2″ (a bit less than the lift kits). We do well on rough roads an din campsites, but we still scrape on our driveway – it’s the most difficult campsite we have. One of the V-shaped skid-legs is now flat on the bottom. We have some ideas about how to deal with the gutter.

We haven’t had many of the issues reported with the 177. We do have the wall a/c and have never seen condensation drain, so that’s a concern, However, we seldom use the a/c and plan to drill drainage holes in the garnish frame on the outside. I found water on the floor under the sink area and along the side of the bed last month, after driving through a few hours of rain. This may be the issue with the wheel well sealing, though the water under the curb side window would not be that. We have an appointment to take it into the dealer’s shop after Thanksgiving.

We have done quite a few mods to set it up for the way we camp – dual 6-v batteries, a plug for our 160-watt Zamp panel, plenty of Command hooks and wall pockets and so on.

Plans for nest year include a week each at North and South Rims of Grand Canyon, plus 2 weeks in the Teton/Yellowstone NPs area of Wyoming, for the eclipse (a good excuse to get back to that area so DH can do a longer backpack trip in the Wind River Range).

November 9, 2016
8:13 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178

Welcome to the Riverside RV Forums!

Looks like you have had plenty of experience with your Retro. I have the same problem scraping my Retro when pulling out of my driveway those v-shaped legs hit. Actually one of my legs is bent now. I found a easy solution and that is to put 2×4 piece of wood down so when my trailers comes off the curb its 2 inches higher. It has actually worked great for me and is a easy fix to not scraping when I pull out and back in.  

Make sure to share any of your mods in the modification forums I’m sure others will be curious on how your rigged up your batteries.  

November 9, 2016
11:05 am
thatchick1120
Members
Forum Posts: 18

Welcome to the forum! Each and every time is a new learning experience not just with the Riverside White Water Retro but with any trailer. We are considering doing a lift on our 181 as I think driveways and some road dips become a little bit of a pain for anyone. Sounds like your Retro 177 has been put to good use so far!

November 9, 2016
2:00 pm
kitphantom
Members

We’re thinking of finding some wood that will work, to fill in the gutter dip.We found a product called Bridjit, but it is $$ and heavy. We don’t want to leave it in place, so the wood seems like the easiest alternative.

I will post some pics of our battery and other projects in the mod section.

November 9, 2016
2:11 pm
kitphantom
Members

BTW, I’m not sure why the title was edited, since we do not have a 177SE, but just a plain old 177.

November 9, 2016
2:37 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178

Kitphantom, that was me who edited the title. I was trying to make your title tag a bit more Search Engine friendly thats all. I’ve corrected the title.  Can’t wait to see some of the pictures for the batteries.

Thanks!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 61

Currently Online:
25 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 54

Perrypridgen: 18

thatchick1120: 18

DAVID555: 18

markstevens: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 670

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 255

Newest Members:

ifuzzydog321, capt bligh, Leehman, FRANCES, joanne, MadCnty, dowen12202, mbterry, dusty, buttermilk47

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 178