latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
where are the 181b's???
No permission to create posts
February 7, 2017
11:56 pm
Blue Dragonfly
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We fell in love with the Retros, decided the 181b was perfect for us (after choosing same floorplan from another manufacturer)  Now we are searching for a dealer who has the 181b in stock so we can look at it in person before placing an order for the unit with our preferred options. Well, we cannot find one in Florida, Georgia or Alabama. Anyone know something we don’t know about the 181b???  Is it discontinued??

February 8, 2017
8:36 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178

I’m a proud owner of a 181b, I guess I got lucky. When I bought mine the dealer discounted my heavily. They said they were having problems selling my model because most people looking for a retro are retired and don’t need bunk beds. My Retro had sat on there lot for a year before I picked it up. 

February 8, 2017
10:08 pm
Blue Dragonfly
Members

well, after some phone calls I found dealers that were willing to order a 181b, but I also found some who are discontinuing the  Riverside line. Sadly, as I adore the Retro,  i think we are going to look elsewhere due to Riverside’s use of pressboard flooring. 🙁

February 11, 2017
3:12 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

OSB flooring is very common for travel trailers. Good luck find one without it. 

March 3, 2017
8:52 am
A.J.
Members
Forum Posts: 67

We are looking for the 181B as well.  I have found some around the country and a dealer about an hour away from us has one coming in a few weeks.  

My question is:  What type of price have you guys seen these sold for?  I am not sure I am getting the right type of deal.  It appears it is marked down about 10, 000 but I assume the MSRP is greatly marked up so it appears as though the buyer is already getting a deal.

March 4, 2017
8:26 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

We paid $16,300 for our 181B. Ours is White on Black and does not have the birch interior or a radio.  I hope that helps.

March 4, 2017
9:28 pm
Blue Dragonfly
Members

we got word that Riverside has changed their flooring to a marine grade plywood. Glad they made the move. 

March 4, 2017
10:01 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

Good to know! Do you know what year they started using marine grade plywood in?

March 5, 2017
4:28 am
A.J.
Members

Would this change be on the 2017 models or 2018 models moving forward?

Have there been issues with the plywood for any of you?

Also, do you guys know what material the ceilings are made off? I feel like it is a laminate.  Kristopher, I believe you referred to it as “birch interior” in a previous post.

Thanks,

A.J.

March 5, 2017
7:59 pm
Blue Dragonfly
Members

i really don’t have much information about the new marine grade flooring. When we were interested in the brand our dealer warned us of the pressboard flooring. I had already noticed, from watching Riversides videos that they used the presswood and had concerns. My dealer decided to call Riverside to see if they had made any changes and was told they had just made the switch to a marine  grade plywood. Units currently on the lot may or may not be the new marine grade. Was told I could order with the marine grade, although I have already purchased a different brand camper. Sad we didn’t get the information sooner. 

March 6, 2017
6:09 am
A.J.
Members

The unit I am looking at is a 2017 but I am unsure of the flooring.  I am going to send an email to see if I can get more info.

When you say “press board” you mean OSB, or particle board correct?

March 6, 2017
7:50 am
Blue Dragonfly
Members

A.J. said
The unit I am looking at is a 2017 but I am unsure of the flooring.  I am going to send an email to see if I can get more info.

sorry i believe they used OSB, like many. I was just warned that whatever they used most manufactures had replaced and the dealer was hoping Riverside would as well. Finally they did. Although, i don’t think it was a major problem. Just a simple thing to change to make a better product, especially as a small manufacturer. Turns out not to be the perfect unit for us. Maybe after our teen moves on. 

March 6, 2017
7:50 am
Blue Dragonfly
Members

A.J. said

sorry i believe they used OSB, like many. I was just warned that whatever they used most manufactures had replaced and the dealer was hoping Riverside would as well. Finally they did. Although, i don’t think it was a major problem. Just a simple thing to change to make a better product, especially as a small manufacturer. Turns out not to be the perfect unit for us. Maybe after our teen moves on. 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 61

Currently Online:
25 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 54

Perrypridgen: 18

thatchick1120: 18

DAVID555: 18

markstevens: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 670

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 255

Newest Members:

ifuzzydog321, capt bligh, Leehman, FRANCES, joanne, MadCnty, dowen12202, mbterry, dusty, buttermilk47

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 178