latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
We are home with our 181B!
No permission to create posts
April 16, 2017
3:26 pm
A.J.
Members
Forum Posts: 67
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We just got back to Connecticut after a 6 day trip out and back to pick up our 181B in Ludington Michigan.  We had a great trip and learned a lot on the way home with 4 nights of camping at various state parks from Lake Michigan to rural OH and PA. I will bore all of you with a more detailed post later this week. The attached photo is our trailer with the Big House /Michigan Stadium in the background. We toured it and went the a spring football practice. And the other photo is at our house. 

20170412_095000.jpgImage Enlarger
20170414_174012.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Easter!

A.J.

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
April 19, 2017
7:42 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

April 19, 2017
8:54 am
A.J.
Members

It was truly, a great trip.  We had a great opportunity to see some different areas of the country while also picking up our trailer and having 1000 miles to begin learning about it.   The state park campgrounds we stayed at in Michigan, Ohio, and PA were great.  

April 20, 2017
8:32 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

I’m curious on what tires did your Retro come with A.J?

April 20, 2017
8:51 am
A.J.
Members

Do you mean size, brand?  I know they are bigger than I thought they would be and the white walls llok great.  I will check when I get home.

April 29, 2017
8:48 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

Yes the tire brand, I’m curious if they are still putting the Coker white wheel tires on.

April 30, 2017
4:46 am
A.J.
Members

Yes, the tires are Coker.  Since getting home I have heard/learned that some people do not feel these are appropriate for a travel trailer.  What are your thoughts?

April 30, 2017
7:24 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin

Well…. The facts are this tire is a car tire with a B load range, there have been reports of these tires exploding / blowing out. With that said I’ve read and talked to other people who have put 5000 miles on these tires without any issues and the truth is 95% of these Riverside Retro Travel Trailers are driving around with these tires since they come with them from the factory.  After doing investigation into finding a good replacement travel trailer tire I’ve come to the conclusion that there really is not a perfect tire. I’ve read review after review of people complaining about actual load range D travel trailer tires blowing out while towing.  Currently there are no whitewall travel trailer tires on the market so if you want White walls these are your best bet. I can’t tell if you should use them or not but at-least you have the facts. 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 49

markstevens: 18

thatchick1120: 18

Perrypridgen: 18

DAVID555: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 531

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 232

Newest Members:

Bunk, Arnold, Ktlove, suec123, cmdriver, annsmith, LisaSD, BJK, pthomas, xavierp300

Moderators: Roccosamore: 108

Administrators: Kristopher: 178