latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Can you take a Retro 177SE off pavement?
No permission to create posts
December 1, 2016
1:45 pm
kbtravels
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi. My husband and I are new to the idea of towing a trailer, but we’re planning to buy one soon for future long trips (like driving to Alaska). We also want to be able to take it into local campgrounds in New Mexico, many of which involve driving 30-40 miles on dirt roads which can be rough in spots. If any of you are familiar with NM, I’m talking about places like Snow Lake in the Gila WIlderness or Iron Gate in the Pecos. We have a 4WD off-road F-150, so the truck is no problem. It’s the trailer we’re worried about.  We like the Retro 177SE, because of the set up of the bed. Plus I just like the Retros in general. Does anyone have any experience / advice about taking this trailer off pavement?

Thanks!

December 2, 2016
7:55 am
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

These Riverside Retros are very low to the ground. I have a hard time getting mine out of my drive way with out scraping on my curb.  They do make a 3″ inch lift kit but even with that installed they are still pretty low to the ground.  I know that I wouldn’t want to take my trailer on anything other then a flat dirt road. As soon as you start going over dips and what not your going to get your self into trouble. 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 49

markstevens: 18

thatchick1120: 18

Perrypridgen: 18

DAVID555: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 528

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 230

Newest Members:

suec123, cmdriver, annsmith, LisaSD, BJK, pthomas, xavierp300, Lee, LeenIone, swathdiver

Moderators: Roccosamore: 106

Administrators: Kristopher: 178