latest member photos

Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
We are having swaying issues with our 166.
No permission to create posts
April 6, 2017
7:10 pm
drummer
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We are having swaying issues with our 166. We have a sway bar from the dealer. Does anybody else? What was your solution? Weight distribution seems to be poor with a lot of weight behind rear wheels.

April 6, 2017
7:47 pm
Roccosamore
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 114

IMHO all Retro’s should use a WD hitch and sway bar. Your choice would depend on your type of camping/rv’ing. Questions could include, do I dry camp, therefore adding weight with fresh water, 8.8lbs per gal. Most of us carry more gear than we use, so refining our stuff can take weight off, improving handling. The single axle makes your towing less stable than a 2 axle trailer. Just a few thoughts to consider. Good luck…

April 20, 2017
6:11 am
A.J.
Members
Forum Posts: 67

The attached photo is from our hitch set up.  This was what we got from the dealer.  We needed more of a drop to level things out.  We towed the trailer home to Connecticut from northern Michigan (about 1000 miles) and had very little issue.  Our trailer was very light (no water and very few items inside) so that helped for sure.  We have a 181B so it is somewhat comparable to your 166.  I am so new to this, I really don’t have much to offer and am interested in what others have to say so I can bank so

20170414_144508.jpgImage Enlarger
me knowledge.

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
April 20, 2017
5:38 pm
Roccosamore
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 114

Just remember not to over pack, keep majority of your weight forward of the axle, your hitch setup is great. Watch your speed while towing. Good luck!!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 57

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 67

Alabama Jim: 51

markstevens: 18

thatchick1120: 18

Perrypridgen: 18

DAVID555: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Libacon: 14

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 576

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 241

Newest Members:

PeterScrivener, Beleez, cougre, sue_1, pdbtoo, jpwarren24, sophiajenifer, Kimbeelea, Daniellangston53, turbov8

Moderators: Roccosamore: 114

Administrators: Kristopher: 178