Welcome to the RV White Water Retro Travel Trailer Enthusiast Forums!

A website dedicated to all things Riverside RV Retro, tips, tricks mods and more. We have many features on this website to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Join in and contribute your ideas and questions! FYI: You must register and login to post replies or start new topics.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Mirror 176s
No permission to create posts
January 22, 2018
1:05 pm
outsider266
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

has anyone mounted a mirror on the  bathroom door? If so, how did you do it?  Don’t really want to put screws in the door, but also a bit leery about putting adheasive on the wood finish.  Any tips?

January 23, 2018
5:16 pm
Kristopher
Southern Utah
Admin
Forum Posts: 190

You could buy a acrylic mirror, which would be lighter and wouldn’t shatter if it fell. It would probably be easier to hang as well. 

March 26, 2018
2:27 pm
Txtinez
Members
Forum Posts: 7

I hung a full length mirror on the bathroom door with 3M double stick tape. Holds fine.

February 28, 2019
9:42 pm
GinnyMiller
Members
Forum Posts: 12

I have a door mirror with attached hooks for hanging over the top of the door, no screws or other mounting tools needed. It is similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Mirrotek-Over-The-Door-Mirror/dp/B00UL43110

This came with my previous sticks-and-bricks house. Owner before me left it behind. When I sold the house to become a full time RVer, I took the mirror with me and put it in my camper

Laugh

March 9, 2019
6:13 am
A.J.
Members
Forum Posts: 87

Originally, we used an over the door hanging mirror in our 2017 181B.  I added a few slats of scrap wood to the back of the mirror to keep it flush with the door so it wouldn’t bang back and forth while driving.  In the summer of 2018, while on a cross country (Connecticut to California and back) trip the mirror failed.  The little screws that attached the hangers to the mirror separated.  I thought about fixing it but decided to start over.  This was in Butte Montana.  We picked up a new mirror, some two-sided tape and mirror brackets for a little redundancy. I added those little blue anchors that are typically used on drywall so the screws could attach to something in the hollow of the door.  It has held up fine.  I am not sure the image has attached.  In the end, it was a 15 minute or so project in the parking lot while my wife and kids did some grocery shopping.

A.J.

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 177

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

A.J.: 87

Alabama Jim: 54

mkevenson: 22

Perrypridgen: 20

markstevens: 19

thatchick1120: 18

DAVID555: 18

amber_bowers: 17

Groucho: 16

Captn Sharpie: 15

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 884

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 24

Topics: 306

Newest Members:

132422Rw18, famethdownrearo, ecpdba97, quepecenmori, MLBrown, AlexKutler, Ike, nckeehn, esplemremubip, omcialusttravath

Moderators: Roccosamore: 119

Administrators: Kristopher: 190